Long Hunter State Park
- Select Park
- Select Type
- Select Dates
- Select Campsites
- Pay & Reserve
Gift Card Payment
Please retain this gift card in case you cancel or modify your reservation. Any refunds must be made to the original gift card.
Reserve Your Favorite Campsites!
See All Available Nights
You can now view all available nights, up to a full year ahead, of any campsite that is showing unavailable for your selected dates. Unavailable campsites are shown on the map or list as gray icons.
Show Available Dates
The description window of any unavailable campsite includes a large blue button with "Show Available Dates". Use this button to reveal an interactive calendar that shows every available date for that campsite — allowing you to easily change your dates so you can reserve that favorite campsite.
This will also reset your selected dates so that you can select more than one campsite for the same dates.
If you need assistance making campsite reservations, please give us a call at (615) 885-2422. We'll be happy to help you plan your next camping trip.
Campsite Selection Confirmed
Would you like to add another campsite to your reservation?
Support Your Favorite Parks
Make a tax-deductible donation to Tennessee State Parks — you'll be a hero! Donations go directly to supporting the state parks you love.
Round-Up Donation: ¢
Donate to Tennessee State Parks by rounding your total up to the nearest dollar! Donations directly support the state parks you love.
How do I create a multi-site camping itinerary?
This park offers the ability to create a camping itinerary that spans multiple nights and different campsites — allowing campers to hike throughout the park and stay at a variety of sites, all in one reservation and incurring only one reservation fee.
To add the next dates to your reservation; select the button to return to the date selector stage. Your arrival date of Sunday, February 23 will be set as your next Arrival date for this leg of your itinerary.
Select your next departure date from the calendar to continue. From the site selection stage, choose the campsite(s) for the next night(s) of your itinerary. The number of campsites you may select for each leg is limited to the number of sites from previous leg.
You may repeat this process for up to a total of 14 nights per reservation. Once you have settled on your itinerary, simply complete the reservation process below. A confirmation will be emailed to you with details of each campsite and dates in your itinerary.
What is CVV?
Tennessee State Parks does not disclose or share your personal information without your express consent.
This is a secure reservation form.
Long Hunter State Park
Camping Reservation Policies
Welcome to Long Hunter State Park
Thank you for visiting us at Long Hunter State Park, 2910 Hobson Pike, Hermitage, TN 37076. We sincerely hope you will enjoy your time here. Please review the reservation and cancellation policies below. Reservation changes or cancellations may be made by calling the office at Long Hunter at (615) 885-2422 daily from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm CST/CDT. Please do not submit reservation changes or cancellations via email.
Back Country Camping Policies
Long Hunter State Park has 2 (two) "primitive" tent group camp. It's a 6 mile walk to your campsite. Your group has access to the J. Percy Priest Lake.There are no showers, restrooms or electricity available. Read below for other details and guidelines:
GPS address, 1600 Bakers Grove Road, Hermitage, TN 37076. This road dead ends into the parking lot.
- Know before you go: Be prepared for your outdoor trip. It is a 6 mile walk to your campsite, pack lightly. NO CAMPING on the trail, at any time. Bring maps that show where you will be camping, walk on the main trail to protect nature and keep track of where you are.
- Hours: Reservations are required and can be made online or by calling the Park Office. Please allow time to arrive at your campsite, no later than 2 hours before sunset.
- Parking: Please report any vehicle left overnight in the parking lot, otherwise the vehicle is at risk of being towed away. DO NOT leave any items in the vehicle that will be visible to a passerby.
- Trash-Leave no Trace: "Pack it in, Pack it out" Bury human solid waste in a cat hole.
- Fire: Fires are permitted in designated fire pits or fire rings. Please use safety and common sense with all campfires. Only dead and down trees or branches may be used for firewood. DO NOT cut living plant species from the park. Make sure the fire is out and the site is clean before you leave.
- Pets: Pets are allowed. TN State Law requires pets to be leashed at all times. Please respect others by collecting and removing pet waste
- Check In/Out: You may check in after 12 PM and check out before 3PM
- Emergency: Call the Park Office at 615-885-2422. After office hours call the Ranger cell at 615-202-2162. If a life threatening situation arises, call 911 and then call the Ranger on duty.
**Anyone camping without a permit will be cited**
Refunds will be granted if requested 24 hours prior to the reservation date. Refund requests can not be granted the day of the reservation.
Cancellations should be made by calling the park directly during normal business hours. Cancellations may not be made online, via voicemail or via social media.
If payment is made using a gift card, please retain this gift card in case you cancel your reservation. Any refunds must be made to the original gift card.
Long Hunter State Park
Park Office – 8 AM - 4:30PM | Phone: (615) 885-2422
Tennessee State Parks
Nashville Office – Phone: 615.532.0001 | Email: State.Parks@tn.gov
312 Rosa L. Parks Ave. | William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower | Nashville, TN 37243
© Copyright 2020 Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation. All rights reserved.
Website designed and developed by TDEC Division of Digital Media and Publications.