David Crockett Birthplace State Park
- Select Park
- Select Type
- Select Dates
- Select Campsites
- Pay & Reserve
Gift Card Payment
Please retain this gift card in case you cancel or modify your reservation. Any refunds must be made to the original gift card.
Reserve Your Favorite Campsites!
See All Available Nights
You can now view all available nights, up to a full year ahead, of any campsite that is showing unavailable for your selected dates. Unavailable campsites are shown on the map or list as gray icons.
Show Available Dates
The description window of any unavailable campsite includes a large blue button with "Show Available Dates". Use this button to reveal an interactive calendar that shows every available date for that campsite — allowing you to easily change your dates so you can reserve that favorite campsite.
This will also reset your selected dates so that you can select more than one campsite for the same dates.
If you need assistance making campsite reservations, please give us a call at (423) 257-2167. We'll be happy to help you plan your next camping trip.
Campsite Selection Confirmed
Would you like to add another campsite to your reservation?
Support Your Favorite Parks
Make a tax-deductible donation to Tennessee State Parks — you'll be a hero! Donations go directly to supporting the state parks you love.
Round-Up Donation: ¢
Donate to Tennessee State Parks by rounding your total up to the nearest dollar! Donations directly support the state parks you love.
How do I create a multi-site camping itinerary?
This park offers the ability to create a camping itinerary that spans multiple nights and different campsites — allowing campers to hike throughout the park and stay at a variety of sites, all in one reservation and incurring only one reservation fee.
To add the next dates to your reservation; select the button to return to the date selector stage. Your arrival date of Friday, November 22 will be set as your next Arrival date for this leg of your itinerary.
Select your next departure date from the calendar to continue. From the site selection stage, choose the campsite(s) for the next night(s) of your itinerary. The number of campsites you may select for each leg is limited to the number of sites from previous leg.
You may repeat this process for up to a total of 14 nights per reservation. Once you have settled on your itinerary, simply complete the reservation process below. A confirmation will be emailed to you with details of each campsite and dates in your itinerary.
What is CVV?
Tennessee State Parks does not disclose or share your personal information without your express consent.
This is a secure reservation form.
David Crockett Birthplace State Park
Camping Reservation Policies
Only Certified Heat Treated Firewood is allowed to enter the state park. Please help us to protect Tennessee's state parks and forests. See http://www.protecttnforests.org for more information about invasive forest pests. You may also go to http://www.firewoodscout.org to find a vendor who sells Certified Heat Treated Firewood.
We offer Wi-Fi for your enjoyment. The signal strength may vary depending on the demand, your location and your computer. Our Wi-Fi is not intended for heavy use such as downloading movies, streaming videos, or inappropriate content. Should you abuse the system, your access will be blocked.
Campground Reservation Policies
Nightly campsite fees are based on location, season and site amenities. Fees are subject to state and local taxes, and are subject to change. Advanced reservations are available prior to arrival, and may be made up to 1 year in advance. There is a non-refundable $5.00 Advanced Reservation Fee per campsite that provides for managing the reservation system at Tennessee State Parks.
Individuals requesting to rent overnight accommodations must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. A parent or an adult must accompany children or individuals under the age of eighteen years. Valid identification may be requested and/or required by park personnel for verification of age.
- Reservations may be cancelled up to and including 2 days prior to the scheduled arrival date with a refund of all campground fees - minus the $5.00 advanced reservation fee.
- Cancellations made 1 day prior to arrival date will forfeit the first night's campsite fees, taxes and the $5.00 advanced reservation fee, per campsite.
- Cancellations made the same day as the scheduled arrival, for reservations of two or more days, will forfeit the first two nights rate, taxes and the $5.00 advanced reservation fee, per campsite. If only one night was reserved, cancelling on the scheduled arrival date will forfeit all fees and taxes, per campsite.
- If this reservation is part of a contracted group, then the contract's cancellation policies supersede the above individual cancellation policies.
- To cancel your reservation, please contact the park directly during regular business hours. Cancellations may not be made online, via voicemail or via social media. The Park or Inn Manager has the discretion to adjust the cancellation procedures as deemed necessary.
- Guests that do not occupy their reserved site by 12:00 noon the day following the first nights' reservation will forfeit all fees and the reserved campsite may become available for other guests. If you do not intend to occupy a reserved site on the first reserved night, contact the park so that we can hold the site for you, or assist you in making other arrangements.
- If payment is made using a gift card, please retain this gift card in case you cancel your reservation. Any refunds must be made to the original gift card.
Please note that check-in time for camping is 4:00 pm. Check-out time is 12:00 pm.
- Camping rates are for up to 6 persons per campsite. For groups larger than 6, please reserve additional campsite(s).
- Vehicles on Sites 1-54: Two vehicles permitted on these sites, if paved space accommodates. No parking in grass or roadway. Two parking hang tags will be issued and must be displayed.
- Vehicles on Sites 55-71: One vehicle permitted on this site, if paved parking space accommodates. No parking in grass or roadway. One parking hang tag will be issued and must be displayed.
- Vehicles on Sites 76-88: One vehicle permitted on this site. No parking in roadway. One parking hang tag will be issued and must be displayed.
- Vehicle Additional Parking: For registered campers additional overnight parking, use Shelter 2 parking lot. For additional day use parking, use the visitor center parking lot. Hang tags are not issued/required in additional parking lots.
- The installation of permanent camping facilities is prohibited. Also, the digging or leveling of the ground at any campsite is prohibited.
- Discounts and coupons are not allowed on premium sites.
- Camping equipment must be completely removed and camping sites cleaned by campers before departure.
- Quiet shall be maintained in all campgrounds between the hours of 10:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- The gathering of wood for use as fuel in campgrounds or picnic areas shall be limited to dead material on the ground, except where such gathering is prohibited by the Park Manager by the posting of appropriate signs.
- Campsites 1-54: Above ground fire pits are permitted but not included on the site. You are welcome to use a portable pit at least 6 Inches off of the ground so that damage is not done to the site. Please be aware that on occasion campers are parked too close together and it is not safe to have a camp fire between them.
- Golf carts are only allowed on the paved roads within the campgrounds. Anyone operating a golf cart in the campgrounds must have a valid driver's license.
- Maximum stay for camping is 14 days (28 days December 1 to February 28/29).
- Proof of ADA eligibility must be presented at check-in prior to occupying an ADA designated site. Failure to present proof of eligibility could result in the cancellation of your reservation.
David Crockett Birthplace State Park
Park Office – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm | Phone: (423) 257-2167
Tennessee State Parks
Nashville Office – Phone: 615.532.0001 | Email: State.Parks@tn.gov
312 Rosa L. Parks Ave. | William R. Snodgrass Tennessee Tower | Nashville, TN 37243
© Copyright 2019 Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation. All rights reserved.
Website designed and developed by TDEC Division of Digital Media and Publications.